After finishing my morning walk or when I feel like getting an energy boost, I turn to my shake maker.
Berries are known to be super foods since they are abundant with vitamins A, B, C, E, K and minerals: potassium, iron, sodium, magnesium, zinc, calcium and more, thus help strengthen our blood (blood deficiency signs such as hair loss, tiredness, brittle nails, pale skin, some forms of dizziness)..
It's rich with anti-oxidants thus help cleanse the blood from harmful toxins.
Berries support our kidneys- they assist to those who have excessive urination, and are beneficial for both male and female fertility.
Dates- support our digestive system and blood and keep us satiated.
Chia seed- are abundant with omega-3 fatty acids that support our brain functions, keep us energized and help cleaning our blood.
- 1 cup of assorted berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 large, fresh dates (I like to use Maghull dates since they are very
- 2 tsp of chia gel
- 1 tbsp of your favorite nut butter, here I used almond butter- no
added salt or sugar.
- 1 cup of any nut milk of your choice, here I used almond milk- no
- 1 cup of coconut water.
1. To prepare chia seed gel, simply put 2 tsp of chia seeds in a small
bowl, cover with water and wait for 10 minutes. The seeds will
expand and will become jelly like which is exactly what we are
2. While waiting for the gel to form, rinse the berries under water.
Some people like to buy frozen berries for their smoothies. Although
very tasty, it can, from a Chinese medicine point of view be too cold
for our digestive system, thus making it harder for the digestive
process to happen. In order to avoid this from happening- rinse the
berries under warm water to raise to room temperature.
3. Combine all of the ingredients together in a food processor or a
shake maker for about 1 minute and enjoy!
I use a Ninja Bullet blender, but any blender or shake maker works just as well!